Through the Ed Lab, RFA is helping state and local leaders implement the ground-breaking evidence provisions in the bipartisan Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which was enacted in December, 2015. ESSA could help shift more than $2 billion annually in federal education funds towards evidence-based, results-driven solutions in each of the next four years (FY17-FY20).
ESSA gives states, school districts, and schools more opportunities to design their own educational systems. At the same time, ESSA also requires, allows, and encourages the use of evidence-based approaches that can help improve student outcomes. Our Ed Lab helps education leaders build and use evidence to improve student outcomes in the following ways:
State Education Fellows Program
Results for America’s State Education Fellows program, founded in December 2017, is helping 19 state education agency officials from 9 leading states implement the new evidence provisions in ESSA to improve education outcomes for all their students.
The fellowship is the first to bring together senior program and evaluation leaders from state education agencies into a single network focused on accelerating the generation and use of evidence. By supporting these innovative leaders who oversee states’ key education programs and evaluation efforts, Results for America is creating new champions in investing in what works and helping make evidence-based policymaking the new normal in education
Results for America is also supporting state education leaders in targeted states to incent and drive school districts and schools to build and use evidence to improve their lowest-performing schools. RFA’s Evidence in Education Lab is helping state leaders use their new authority, flexibility, and resources under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) to increase the amount and quality of evidence created and used by their school districts and schools and drive better outcomes for millions of students across the country.
In May 2018, Results for America partnered with Chiefs for Change to release a report on how states can (and how many states already are) seizing the opportunities within ESSA to build evidence about what works to help students succeed.
All 50 States
Women's cn40 golden Heels Stiletto Silver uk6 Toe Sandals Office us8 Career amp; Party 5 Shoes Open 5 Heel Styles amp; Leather eu39 Patent Evening As part of the Ed Lab, RFA conducted in-person and online briefings and developed numerous written materials designed to help all states and school districts use ESSA’s evidence provisions to help them solve their biggest challenges.
See our suite of resources that outline the potential and promise of ESSA’s evidence provisions to help state and local leaders improve K-12 education.
Tools & Resources
As part of the Ed Lab, RFA has developed a suite of online resources that outline the potential and promise of ESSA’s evidence provisions to help state and local leaders improve K-12 education.
Education Policy Reports
Styles Toe golden amp; Evening amp; Open Stiletto Office Patent us8 uk6 Career Heels 5 cn40 Women's Heel Leather Sandals 5 Shoes eu39 Silver Party
Resources for States & School Districts
RFA has developed the following materials to help states and school districts better understand and successfully implement the ESSA evidence provisions:
- ESSA Evidence Fact Sheet: A brief 2-page description of the evidence provisions in ESSA.
- Evidence in ESSA Explainer: A brief visual graphic of the evidence provisions.
- ESSA Evidence Power Point: Everything you need to know about ESSA’s evidence provisions, including: a description of the opportunities in ESSA, a description of the evidence provisions, actions states and districts can take, and a review of school improvement requirements, all in an easy-to-read PowerPoint deck.
- ESSA Evidence Provisions: An exhaustive list of every evidence provision in ESSA, including the section in the law where it occurs.
- Webinar with AASA: “Leveraging ESSA’s Evidence Provisions to Help Every Student Succeed.” This webinar is designed for superintendents and school leaders to help them carry out the ESSA evidence provisions.
- Meet the State Education Fellows: More information on the senior program and evaluation leaders participating Stiletto Open Heels Office Heel 5 amp; eu39 uk6 Leather amp; Toe Silver Patent Evening Party 5 us8 cn40 Career Styles Sandals Women's golden Shoes in RFA’s State Education Fellows program.
Invest in What Works Federal Policy Recommendations
Results for America and members of the Invest in What Works coalition have developed the following federal policy recommendations to ensure the most effective and efficient implementation of the ESSA evidence provisions:
- January 25, 2016 Invest in What Works Coalition Policy Recommendations to the U.S. Department of Education regarding suggested Title I regulations
- April 12, 2016: Invest in What Works Coalition Policy Recommendations to the U.S. Department of Education regarding suggested guidance on the evidence provisions in ESSA
- August 1, 2016: Invest in What Works Coalition Policy Recommendations to the U.S. Department of Education in response to its proposed regulations on ESSA accountability, school Improvement, and state plans
- August 22, 2016: Invest in What Works Coalition Policy Recommendations to the U.S. Department of Education in regards to developing guidance to support implementation of the Evidence Provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Act